home > forum

CNA training

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum -> General Assisted Living Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcorning

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: CNA training Reply with quote

Hi everyone! i recently had to put my father in a eldercare facility because i could not care for him anymore. while i was there the nurse doing the initial walk through for us showed us a piece of their training stuff. this was some amazing stuff it was internet video stuff like the you tube but it had quizzes to educate the staff.

after seeing parts of these videos i felt a little more at ease leaving him in their care... i've tried to do some research on the company that produces these video and they are even from my home state! their name is fox learning systems www.foxlearningsystems.com

does anyone know anything about this company? i was so impressed i would like to know a little bit more. do all eldercare facilities use fox or some other kind of system, is this a public company. i can't seem to find much information about them other than their webpage.

if placing your loved one in a facility i would ask about the facilities training materials for their nurses. don't just assume because they have a degree or went through a training that they know how to take care of your specific loved ones problems.

my thoughts are with all of you. if you haven't done it yet it is a difficult decision so do your homework. good luck
ruready

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training is one of the overlooked due diligence tasks to perform before you or an elder need to complete before you move to an assisted living facility. Turnover in most facilities is really high, so if there isn't a really good training program, chances are your loved one is being taken care of in the middle of the night by someone who is making minimum wage, with little supervision, and almost no training. Ask what kind of training is required before any staff is allowed to help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum -> General Assisted Living Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: