home > forum

Extra care in an Assisted Living

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum -> Assisted Living Financial Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boomerkid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Extra care in an Assisted Living Reply with quote

Wanted to see if others have had this issue. My father is in a small assisted living facility. he has dementia and is very weak, so he needs assistance for almost everything. it is a great facility but management says dad needs more help than there basic contract can provide. so we are spending a lot of money to hire caregivers to come in and get him to meals, bathe him, read to him, and move him around. Is this "extra care" common in other assisted living facilities?
hcc2009

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: charlotte senior care Reply with quote

I would recommend contacting Comforcare. They are the best caregivers in the North Carolina area. They offer charlotte senior care and many such services. You can visit their website for additional details. I am sure they will be of immense help. Kudos!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: When Assisted Living Bill Balloons Reply with quote

Great article in the NY Times - "When the Assisted Living Bill Balloons". I have seen this happen, and it can get very costly! http://newoldage.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/07/when-the-assisted-living-bill-balloons/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum -> Assisted Living Financial Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: