home > forum

Home Health Care Aides

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum -> General Assisted Living Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myturnnow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Home Health Care Aides Reply with quote

For people who are either hiring home health care aides for themselves or their loved ones, it is a difficult topic. Usually you have to go through a service, and you always wonder if you are getting the best person, or just the most available body. The New York Times NewOld Age blog has a terrific series of articles on the broad area of home health care aides I think that if you need this service, you will find the article very interesting.
http://newoldage.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/home-health-aides-present-and-future/
sandwichtime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Cant be too careful Reply with quote

It is surprising really how lucky we are that there arent more bad apples out there, given the low wages, rapid turnover, and need to fill positions - TODAY!
Our friends at insideassistedliving have put out a nice series on what to screen for and how to train in home or nursing care aides.http://www.insideassistedliving.com/2009/01/what-to-look-for-in-staff-training-part-1-importance-of-preparation-2/
BarrieByrnes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: RE : Home Health Care Aides Reply with quote

Good information you have posted.
vividnew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everybody, our friends interviewed at least 5 caregivers in two weeks, happily they had time to search, of course it was hard in the beginning, it takes time to get used to a new person in your home, but finally everything works, and their mom is happy. they told me they used one internet site.
ChalmersD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting these intersting articles. In the last years I have got interested in health and eldercare due to personal experiences. I know that it's difficult for the relatives when they have to choose a caregiver because they put the fate of the old person in the hands of the caregiver. Fortunately, I haven't heard anything bad about the caregivers in my area yet.
Linda Middlebrook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Home Health Care Aides Reply with quote

myturnnow wrote:
For people who are either hiring home health care aides for themselves or their loved ones, it is a difficult topic. Usually you have to go through a service, and you always wonder if you are getting the best person, or just the most available body. The New York Times NewOld Age blog has a terrific series of articles on the broad area of home health care aides I think that if you need this service, you will find the article very interesting.
http://newoldage.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/home-health-aides-present-and-future/

very nice information you have shared.. thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum -> General Assisted Living Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: